|Nature of course:|
|Year of establishment:|
FM University, Balasore, Odisha
|Head of the Institute:|
Prof. Bhagaban Das
M.Tech in Computer Science - 15
M.Tech in Biotechnology - 16
M.Tech in Bioinformatics - 16
|About the institute:|
The Fakir Mohan University, Vyasa Vihar, Balasore was established by the Government of Orissa, under Section 32 of the Orissa Universities Act, 1989 (Act 5 of 1989) and it was notified vide the Government's Notification No. 973 dated 3rd July, 1999. The University has also been duly recognized by the UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act by the Notification No. F-9-1 / 2000 (CPP-I), dated 11th February 2000 as well as under section 12(B), vide UGC letter No. F.9-1 /2000 (CPP-I) dated 23rd December, 2005. It has also been accredited by the Association of Indian Universities, vide their letter No. Meet: SC: 261:2K/108693, dated 22nd August, 2000. The University is functioning from its present campus at Vyasa Vihar. New campus at Nuapadhi has already started functioning. All the P.G. Departments of the University are computer based.
The F.M.University has one Men's Hostel and one Women's Hostel for the students at University Nuapadi New Campus. Each hostel is under the supervision of a Superintendent, who is responsible for the administration and discipline of the hostel.
- Non-negotiable academic calendar and timely publication of results.
Up to date in distribution of Degrees and Certificates.
- All PG Departments are computer based.
- All students are covered under Health insurance.
- Basic Mathematics and Reasoning are imparted to all PG students to Equip them in employment market.
- Personality Development Programs including Campus interviews are undertaken for the students.